RSS Subscribe

Monday, August 24, 2009

Can I… hack my cell?

When I first got my most recent cell phone, I was pretty excited. It had a QWERTY keyboard, Bluetooth, a camera and it was Java-enabled. After playing around with it for a while I found out that my provider had crippled my phone, so that I cannot download anything other then what they have already approved. I found this very annoying as they are essentially limiting my freedom to download whatever I wanted to my phone. There had to be another way.

 

Howard Forums and Mobile-Files

After some digging, Google had presented me with two mobile phone resources that proved to be invaluable; “Howard Forums” and “Mobile-Files”. Both sites contain a plethora of information and computer software for virtually every mobile phone on the market today. There is a huge community of people out there who are willing to take the time to listen to you and point you in the right direction.

howardforums

http://www.howardforums.com

mobilefiles

http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/

 

BitPim (Free)

Out of all the mobile data management software that I learned about, (CDMA WorkShop, QSPT, UniCDMA, etc…) there was one that seemed to stand above the rest; a very popular and versatile application known as BitPim. It’s open-source which means “Free” for you and I, and that’s a price I can live with. This application allows to add files such as pictures, music, ringtones and programs. Bitpim will also allow you to back-up your phone data such as contacts, text messages and schedules; “here” is the manual. When you take into consideration that cellular providers charge you for most of the services that BitPim does for free, you know that it’s worth the learning experience.

bipimsite

http://www.bitpim.org/

bipimapp

http://www.bitpim.org/#download

 

GetJar

What’s the sense in hacking into your phone if you don’t have any cool software to put on it? That’s where GetJar comes in. This is the largest database of mobile software on internet. GetJar has software for every platform (Symbian, Java, BlackBerry, etc…), and every resolution. You wil not be disappointed.

getjarweb

http://www.getjar.com/

getjarwap

http://wap.getjar.com/

 

So, “Can I… hack my cell?”; I can now. If you want “IN” to “YOUR” phone, now you can take control. I hope you all enjoyed this post, thanks for reading.  :)

 

JSA aka o0110o

Blogger

24/08/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment